Thursday, August 16, 2018

Elder Allen Week#1 Hey everyone! It´s been a crazy week! My keyboard is in Spanish so this will not be punctuated correctly sorry. 

The first day was a whirlwind, there were so many missionaries on my flight. We actually set the record for the most new people in one week. The flight was long, but it was fun to talk to all the missionaries. The bus ride to the CCM was insane! there are no traffic laws in Mexico, it´s pretty awesome actually. The city is beautiful, I wish I got some better pictures. When we got to the MTC we got all our stuff, our nametag, our companion, and our room assignment. My house, I'm not even kidding, is the absolute farthest from anything that you can get it. I need the exercise tho lol. 

This past week has felt so long but also so short. I'm already so close to my district and Companion so its weird to think that I've only known them for a week. My companion is Elder Humphreys, and he's pretty much a stereotypical Texan, and also a genius. I love the guy.  My district is a party. They're all going to Peru Lima west except for Hermana Boyd, who is going to south. My roommates are a blast, Elder Brown gave me like two cans of mtn dew here and that stuff is basically gold in the mtc. We have a lot of fun here, but we also work really hard. I wish I could better explain everyone to you guys, they're some of my favorite people in the world. A thought that Hermana Kim gave really struck true with me, that we all knew each other before in the pre-earth life, and we finally get to meet each other. It rocks. It's going to be hard splitting up with them in 5 weeks. 

My teachers are awesome. Our morning teacher is Hermana Rodrigez, and shes really funny and cool, she teaches us a lot of good stuff. Our evening teacher is maybe one of the coolest guys I've ever met. His name is Hermano Galloso, and hes only been here at the ccm for 2 months ish, but the advice and words of wisdom he has for us is incredible. I don't know the story, but he must have been in a fire at some point in his life. He's missing a hand and his other is missing all his fingers. It was a bit intimidating at first, but he's honestly one of the greatest guys I've ever met. So humble, and such a good outlook on the world. I've learned a lot from them already. 

ELDER BEDNAR IS COMING ON THE 25!!!!

Also, there's this epidemic going around the MTC, like 30% of everyone got it. It was not pretty, luckily it's on the tail end tho and my district has stayed healthy. 

I want to tell you about my good friend Elder Shavkpish. I only knew him for 6 days, but he was the happiest guy that you'll ever meet. He acted like everyone was his best friend, and he was so nice and happy. We all need to be like him. 

But of course, the best part of the MTC is the spiritual high. I have come closer to my Savior Jesus Christ in these past 9 days than I ever thought I would. We've had amazing devotionals, reminding us to listen to the prophets, to love everyone and our companion. Hermano Galloso shared Alma 14 8 with us and asked us if we were willing to die for the Book of Mormon. If we were willing to let those we love die for the Book of Mormon. It really provoked some deep thought. But I know that this Gospel is the most important thing on this earth. There is nothing more important then the Love our Savior has for us. So if we need to die for the gospel, so be it. But when we decide we will die for it, we need to start living for it. To live like its the most important thing to us. There have been so many more spiritual moments, that I could spend hours writing about it. I testify that God knows and loves us, He knows why Me and My companion were put together, He knows what we need to be do to be better. Rely on Christ. I came to the realization that I often think that I need to do all I can, and then and only then will I rely on Christ and his Atonement. But that's just not true. We can and should rely on Him now and always. 

My other thought is on spiritual gifts and especially the gift of tounges. No matter how hard you pray, you are not going to just become good at a language. You need to put in the work for it, and Christ will help you the rest of the way. The Spanish has felt hard. But to think of how much I have progressed in this last week alone is incredible. Pray for spiritual gifts, but work for them too. 

There is so much more I could and would write if I had time. I love my Companion, My District, The CCM, but most importantly my Savior Jesus Christ. 

I miss you all a ton, keep pressing forward and endure to the end. Con amor de donde le CCM!

Off to the Mexico City Temple!

-Elder Allen

Out of Context Quotes

Companion--to--the district leader
Emotional Support Alpacas
you have no culture, you're from Utah
yeah, this epidemic is killing my stomach. That's just the food!
It's a diamond! Nope, that's a triangle
Bright pink blanket + panflute = not a good first impression
¡Salud!






CCM District F




Elder Allen & Elder Humphrey's























No comments:

Post a Comment