Sunday, August 26, 2018

Elder Allen Week#2 It's been an awesome week! After I emailed last week we took the crazy bus ride to the Mexico City Temple and did a session. And unbelievably, as I walked out into the lobby, I see Bishop Cook talking to the Hermanas in my District. So that was a lot of fun, and it reminds me of the many talks that say there are no coincidences. (I get to go to the temple again in an hour!!)


This week hasn't been as jam-packed as last week, but its sure been awesome. I have learned so much. How to be a better teacher, how to ask better questions, how to speak a bit more Spanish. I feel like I’m struggling a bit with the language, but when I look back on myself from 2 weeks ago, the growth has been absolutely incredible. I love the Spanish language. 

Besides the daily classes and devotionals, I've been able to get closer and closer to my amazing district. I learned how to throw a water bottle lid and I’m also the bomb at ultimate Frisbee.  I found out the hard way that my allergy meds are drowsy when I took one at 7 am and proceeded to fall asleep all throughout my morning classes.

Although I've only been here 2 weeks, it feels like an eternity and a day all at once. My District is 11 of my best friends in the world, and I've had so much Deja Vu this past week that I'm convinced I defiantly knew them all before. 

I miss you all so much, and I'm thankful for all the support I’ve been getting from back home. My last thought will be a scripture that I memorized this week.
John 14:6
Jesus le dice: yo soy el camino, y la verdad, ya la vida: nadie viene al Padre, sino por mi.
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 

Christ is the way. The only way. Turn unto Him, and He will lead you and guide you. 

I love you all, and I love being down here at the Mexico City CCM! (It rains like crazy down here it's awesome!)



Elder Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment