Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Elder Allen week#13 Buenas Tardes!

How was everyone's week? Mine was great! not much changed. Knocking doors on Halloween, throwback to life at home haha. Made it to my first Cambios (transfers)! Yeah, nothing changed. Same companion, Elder Viera, same Area, Mi Peru, and same district. But its all good! I love it here! One of my ZL's, Elder Acarapi, is the new assistant now so that rocks. But yeah, that's pretty much it for cambios
Annnd only 2 1/2 months late, I got my package that was supposed to arrive to the ccm but never did! Nice surprise though! 
We've got a baptismal interview for Familia Nieto tonight, and they should be getting baptized this weekend. So that rocks! Super excited for that. Naomi, single mom of 4. Carla, 11; Aron, 9; Chewy (Jesus) 4; and Diago, 4 months. All from different fathers. They've progressed a lot in the 6 weeks I've known them, I'm really excited for them. 
A crazy guy in the ward tried telling me that the Internet is the anti-Christ haha
Jose Henry is 18, and super shy. We contacted his Dad, (Gonsales Familie), but Jose was the only one that came to church. But that's alright because I think he's going to progress fast! Excited for that too!
An Evangelist Pastor stopped us in the middle of the lesson and asked us why we don't walk with people of color...Everyone here is a person of color to me lol
Familia Huancari is doing good, the father, Walter, is having a bit of a difficult time. He's been a Catholic for his whole life, and it's hard to change something this big. But he's slowly seeing the church is a good thing, and I think he definitely knows what we are saying is from God. 
Yeah sorry that the Email is a little short and a little choppy this week, but yeah it's been a good week. I'm doing good. Loving the mission. The Spanish is coming along great. I basically understand everything, I just need to work on the grammar. My companion is a bit of an interesting guy, but his heart is in the right place. Love being out here!
And for the Spiritual thoughts of the week-- 
Do you do prayers or do you Pray? There is a very big difference. Do you just say some pretty words every night and morning because you know you're supposed to, or do you really get down on your knees and talk to our Father in Heaven. Do you ask Him for help? Do you pray for forgiveness? Do you thank Him? And most importantly, do you do it with a sincere heart and real intention? Think about it. And change what you need to. I promise that Praying is a whole lot better than doing prayers. 

And the other for the week, Revelation is in the Information. It's one of my Companions favorite phrases. Very rarely will we get this great vision or Idea that pops into our head. We need to put in our part. Do the research, try out a few things, make a plan. And take that plan to our Father in Prayer. If you feel like it's right after that, that's how you know what you need to do. And that's really what Revelation is. Guidance from God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment