Sunday, November 4, 2018

Elder Allen Week#11
I saw the Prophet this week! Well kind of. Not really actually. Due to a series of unfortunate seating arrangements in a stake center, and a poorly placed wall, I never actually did see President Nelson. A bit disappointing. But I hear I got a cameo on his Peru Ministry tour video so that rocks. And all said and done, It doesn't really matter I didn't see him, because I heard his voice, and definitely felt his spirit. He really is a Prophet of God. 

Not much really happened in a stuff we did sense this week. But the revelation I received and the amount I have grown, changed, and improved has been absolutely incredible. It started out with my first Zone Conference on Thursday, and it was absolutely awesome. Throughout the day, I could feel my testimony growing, and my desire, my fuego, for the work burning. These past 5 weeks have been awesome, and I have loved the work, but until now I didn't really feel that purpose, I didn't really know why I was here. But that's what I found this past week. I realized that what I do here and now, the way I spend my time, can and will have an impact on the eternities. Converting 1 soul doesn't just save them, it saves their children, it saves their ancestors. There are 1000s of people on the other side just waiting for one of their posterity to find the gospel, so they can have the chance to feel this infinite joy. My testimony on this work is truly stronger than ever. And I know that anyone that truly gives themselves to the Lord will see His hand in their lives, and will be blessed far more than anything we sacrifice. 

Small break before more spiritual stuff, It's funny how much everyone hates Chile. Sorry, Dad. And go Peru! Once again, sorry dad (Futbol). And speaking of futbol, that's what we did for PDay today, and my legs are killing me. And I am most definitely a gringo.

And thus we arrive to the visit of the Prophet. There is honestly way too much to write, I couldn't do it if I had all day. The messages of the Area President, and Elder Stevenson, were fantastic, and I learned a ton, but I'll focus on the prophet for now. His message was centered around 3rd Nephi, and I learned so much about this book, and about our Savior because of it. First of all, our teaching as missionaries should be focused on the same things focused on in Ch 11- Baptism, Doctrine, and no Contention. Ch 12- Be ye therefore Perfect is impossible until we are resurrected. If you compare this verse to his same sermon in the Bible, you will notice that in the holy land he only says be ye therefore perfect as my Father is, but in 3rd Nephi, it's also as I am. Meaning, we will never be perfect in this life. It's okay to make mistakes. But we should always strive to be better. Ch 15- The Americas are the inherited lands of the houses of Joseph, and we know from their promises that this is really where the gathering of Israel is going to take place. Ch 16- super bacan, there are other other sheep. And I really want to read their record of the Savior. Ch 23- Study Isaiah. Ch 27- What the Gospel is. And the Gospel is the Atonement. The Gospel IS Jesus Christ. If we turn to Him, we will be saved. 

That's obviously a very rough summary of what I learned, but what I felt is so much more important. He really is our living prophet, and we need to follow his words. Christ really is our Savior. He wants us to be happy, to have eternal Joy.

But yeah, to say the least, it was a great week. I love you all, I'm praying for you, and I miss you. Thanks for everything!

Elder Allen

image.png

No comments:

Post a Comment