Monday, January 7, 2019

Elder Allen Week# 19 Man, it was a crazy week!
First of all...I had my first Baptism! Maribel y Nellele Villegas were baptized on Saturday, and I had the opportunity to baptize Hmna. Nellele. It was awesome, and awesome to see how much their lives have already changed. That being said, that day was so stressful and crazy. We go to fill the font, and it fills about 9 inches, and the water stops. Apparently, the church's tank was empty, and the city's water shuts off at about 5 every day, so that wasn't good. We tried figuring out a solution, and eventually just decided to have the opening part of the baptism service in Mi Peru, then drove to a chapel about 15 minutes away, to perform the baptism, and then came back for the rest of the service with all the members that couldn't go to the actual baptism. It was crazy. But it worked! It was a day I'll never forget, that's for sure. 
We had transfers this past week! And drumroll, please..... Nothing Changed! I'm still here with Elder Viera.  Elder Alegre and Elder Jones are still in the district. This is my comp's last transfer, and he's off to Uruguay, so in mission terms, I'm killing my father haha. But wait-- After lots of praying and some fortunate circumstances, there are two more Elders in the Rama!! President Stauffer split our area in half, and Elder Prince and Elder Barreto are now in the Pachacutec area that Elder Viera and I have literally never worked. It's huge though, and now our area is possibly the smallest in the mission. A lot of work to get done though, so it's all good! The new Elders are awesome, Elder Prince only has one transfer more than me, and he's training Elder Barreto de Brazil. He's a recent convert as of 3 years, and he's got a ton of fire for the work. They're good missionaries, it's been fun to have a little change this week. 
The week has been good, there haven't been too many other significant events. We had a Nephite come visit us for 2 days (A latino missionary that extends for 3 weeks that has a special assignment from presidente), So that was fun. He is Elder Chavez, a legend de la mission. About 3 people here have told me that I look like Luis Miguel, some random Mexican 80's singer, so that's pretty fun I guess.
The last big event of the week was the Christmas Party yesterday! It was a ton of fun, cool to see everyone again. Elder Litster and my group from the CCM. Had some great food, and just relaxed a little bit. But it came on one condition de presidente, that we get to work after. The mission has got a lot of work to do, over half the mission has less than 6 months, and the lack of faith is showing. But it's all good! We're getting there! 
The spiritual thought of the week has definitely got to be on Charity. I've been studying Christlike Attributes in PMG lately, and Charity and Love are definitely one of the most interesting. I've only got my Spanish scriptures on me, so I can't type it, but go read Moroni 7 45-48. Charity is the pure love of Christ, and it's something that we all need, and we all need to give in this life. So this Christmas season, think about what more you can do for someone else, what sacrifices you can make to make someone a little bit happier. It'll be more of a blessing than a burden for you. Always follow your first impression to help someone, it's always from God. 
Thanks for everything! That's all for this week folks! Lo Amo!
Elder Allen

image.png

image.png

image.png

No comments:

Post a Comment