Monday, January 7, 2019

Elder Allen Week #22 Feliz Año Nuevo! Another week and another year! Time keeps moving incredibly fast, and somehow so much and so little has changed. The week was good, tranquillo. 
The important and big news of the week was we had another Baptism! A 19 yr old named Rosalinda. The missionaries found her like a year ago, but she wasn't ready then. When we started teaching her, she was ready and excited! She was baptized after the meetings on Sunday, so she'll be confirmed this Sunday. She's planning on moving to Spain, and then being a missionary, so that's pretty great! The baptism was combined with a baptism of the other Elders, and it was interesting, to say the least. They had an 87-year-old unloved evangelical grandmother, who still doesn't understand she can't sing random evangelical songs during church. It was very funny. 
I used a scale for the first time here in Peru, and I lost 20 pounds, so that's pretty crazy. I'm not complaining. 
At 6:30 in the morning the other day (We sleep until 6:59) we get a call from a branch member, saying that their father-in-law wants us to come over and teach him right now. So we change fast and get over there, and give the earliest lesson I've ever given in my life. He's an alcoholic that wants to change his life. It was one of the first times that I've felt the immediate affect this gospel can have in the life of someone. It was early, but awesome. 
If you're looking for some deep church doctrine to read, I recommend the King Follet Sermon. It's pretty legit stuff. 
After a long day of walking and working, we get back to the house at 10:30, do our daily numbers, and I take off my shoes. I look inside one and find a rusty nail. That I had been walking with for the whole day. We do that a lot of times. We keep our problems with us when it would be so much better to just let them go. To repent, to change, and to feel better. Maybe you don't feel the nail against your foot right now, but eventually, it's going to cut you. Never procrastinate your repentance. 
Thanks for everything! ...I forgot my camera this week, but next week sorry!...

Elder Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment