Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Elder Allen Week#6&7 Ay Ay Ay, this has been the craziest week of my life. But It's been absolutely awesome.

Nothing really happened at the CCM before I left. We left Monday at 1230pm and got to the airport. The flight was supposed to be at 430, but it was delayed, and then it was delayed again, and we left at 1030. Meaning that we got into Lima at 430 Am, went to a hotel for an hour, and got up for the day. But that's alright, Elder Humphreys and I were able to place our fist Libro de Mormon at the Airport, we were talking to two ladies for about an hour and a half with our broken Spanish. But hey, we got the message across I think. 
Tuesday was such a long and boring day. We had to go get our Visa and Immigration stuff done, and that took hours upon hours, but that's all right. We got to the Mission Home (Kind of, it's really just a chapel and the AP's casa is across the street) And chilled for the rest of the day. And then fit 25 people into a house made for 10 max. It was fun. 
Wednesday is when the real mission began. We had interviews with President Stauffer in the morning, had some Shwarma, and then got our Companions. 
My Trainer is Elder Vierra, he's in his 20th Month, He's from Uruguay, and he's awesome. I'm the first Gringo that he has trained, so it's been a little hard on him, but for the most part, this week has been fantastic. We are in the Zone Pachucutec, in the Area Mi Peru. I absolutely love it here. It's nothing like Utah that's for sure. There are some paved roads, but it's mostly dirt. About half of the area is really poor and up on the hill, and the other half is in the valley (Idk, it's still on the hill but lower?). The people here are so humble and willing to talk to you. It's fantastic. The only problem is often times, they aren't home when you come to the appointment. But that's just how it is here. Esta Bien. 
I had my first Baptism on Saturday. She's a 14-year-old girl named Milady (Idk how it's spelled in Spanish) And she's awesome. It was an awesome experience, and I can't wait to get the chance to baptize someone that I've actually taught. 
Do you remember the 21st night of September?
My zone is fantastic. The district leaders are so cool, and about half of us are Gringos. and 4 of us are all new Gringos. Elders Humphrys y Martin are in the Zone, and In my district is Elder Jones. I didn't get to know him too well at the CCM, but it's been awesome hanging out with him and being able to talk to someone in English. He's a great guy. I've got on splits twice now with Elder Alegre, Jones's companion because their Area is just being reopened. He's awesome. Truly Alegre. He's from Bolivia, and such a fun guy. 
There have been too many spiritual and crazy experiences too write even 5% of them. But being able to testify of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Redeemer has helped me so much. My own testimony has grown so so much. We can really rely on Him for anything. He knows us, and He loves us. I know that's true. And I promise in His name, if you share this message with someone that doesn't have this joy in their life, you will know it too. 
One crazy experience we had was last night, we were up on the hill( The hike up there is comparable to the Adam's Canyon switchbacks, it's not fun. But hey, I'm already lighter, I need the exercise.) and we were looking for the house of an old investigator. And we could not find it. Anywhere. We asked many people, and were about to give up but decided to knock one more random door and ask if they knew. A lady answered and immediately said come in! It's freezing out there! (It was) We had no idea what was going on. Turns out she's an Active member but goes to the wrong ward. And she knew where the house was. What a crazy world. 
One other thing my testimony has increased on is the gift of tounges. My Spanish was not great leaving the ccm, but after 5 days here, I can say pretty much everything I need to say. The Spanish isn't nearly perfect, and I don't know a lot of the tenses, but I can follow basically anything that is said. And I know that's not by my own crazy lucky skill. It's a blessing from God.
This week has been long and hard, but it's been awesome. I love it here. I love serving the Lord. I love the food (My pensionista is great), and I love the people.
Today was chill, we basically just played soccer. I'm terrible. For now. 
I love and miss you all so much, and I hope that all is going well at home. Thanks for everything!!
-Elder Allen
DSC00444.JPG
DSC00455.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment