Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Elder Allen Week#8 Buenas! Que Tal? How's everyone doing at home or wherever in the world you are?

I'm doing fantastic, I really do love it here. Friday was our first training day, and it was fun to get to know president Stauffer a little bit more and to see my CCM friends again. Remember- Be an Aguila. Also, my zone was compared to Mordor. So that's nice. 
Zone Conference always rocks, I love my zone, a ton of great missionaries and fun people. We actually got a working microwave, so that rocks. Also, the running joke is that the gringos are actually from Cahamarica, a place in Peru with German ancestry, so that's fun. 
Not much really happened this week. I mean stuff happened, but it doesn't really feel that significant. I feel like I've been out here for ages. It feels like a second home. The streets of Peru are crazy. Our modes of transportation are Motos- A 3 wheeled taxi thing; Cumbi (Idk how to spell it)- A van that squeezes in 20 people who are all the right height for it except for me and the other gringos; and Bus- where the drivers don't stop for anything. It's awesome, I actually love it. It's always loud here. And the same song is playing constantly. I did hear some Muse once, so that was fun. Elections are on Sunday, so the campaigning has been crazy. Can't wait till that's over. (Side note, the timing of the election sucks because General Conference is that day, and it's a law that you can't have meetings that day. So I might not get to watch conference on Sunday. Which means it's delayed for another week, which means no sacrament for two weeks. Yeesh)
The food here is fantastic, My pensionista is a great cook. The plate is huge though. And I have to finish it all. But that basically feeds me for the day, so that's nice. 
My emails in the CCM were about what happened in the week because that's what was happening. But now that I'm out in the field, teaching people, helping others come unto Christ, my priorities are different. The whole week has been a blur. But I remember the people, and I remember the spirit I felt with them throughout the week. So most of my emails for the next two years will be people-centered, because its basically the same stuff every day. 
I have found my first Golden Investigator. Her name is Maria-Luisa. She found the Areanas missionaries and literally asked to be taught. We taught her lesson 1 on Saturday, and she came to church on Sunday. She's a single Mom of one, and she's awesome. I'm really excited for her.
Licet is a 20-year old that we have talked to a couple of times. She's really busy with school and work and doesn't really know what she believes. I think this message will help her a lot. 
There are so many more fantastic people that I'm teaching right now, and I really wish I had the time to write about them all. Now for some members-
David is a 25-year-old convert that is working on his mission papers right now. He's a moto driver and a huge help to us missionaries. I love the guy. 
Our pensionista family is the Medinas, and they are fantastic. Half active, half not. They're so fun and nice to be around. The 2&3-year-olds nicknames are China and Chino. That's fun. 

I don't have much more time, but I want to leave with a couple of thoughts and a couple scriptures that have really helped me this week. First of all, we're all going to go through hard times in our life. Every one of us. And the secret to getting through it is to rely on our Savior. And if you are struggling with anything, do what our Savior would do, and serve someone else. It'll help, I promise. Go read Mosiah 24:14, and Jacob 5:72. My favorite scriptures of the week. 

I love you all, and miss you all so much! Hold to the rod! I'll catch you all next week!
Elder Allen
DSC00486.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment