Monday, April 1, 2019

Elder Allen Weeks #24 & 25 Hola todos! Fue una locaso semana!
Es mas facil solo para escribir en español ahora, lo siento para todo de ustedes gringos. Soy peruanope. Na broma broma.
It really has been a crazy week though, a ton of stuff happened. I´ve got a lot of conflicting feelings. We didn´t actually get a lot done, but a lot happened. On Monday and Tuesday, I hade a work visit with one of the Zone Leaders, Elder Vicente de Argentina. He is really cool, only has a year in the mission, and isn´t even the youngest ZL. So that tells you how young the mission is. We found 5 new people to teach in 1 day, so that´s pretty good. Learned a lot.
If any of you know the history of my birthdays, they are generally pretty bad. Never how I want them to go. And the streak continues. It wasn´t a bad day by any means, but it was interesting, to say the least. Elder Viera had his farewell stuff that day. He went with all the other dying missionaries and with President to go eat ceviche, to the temple, to buy Peruvian souvenirs, and other fun stuff like that. And I got thrown with Elder Quispe and Elder Jorgenson, Zone Leaders for the Zone El Trebol. It´s the city, and their area has the airport. It was interesting to see how the work goes in a place like that. The day wasn´t bad, but I used all my money for transport, and my lunch sucked. I had Lomo saltado and cake that I was missing in my area. But it´s all good. I learned a lot. Also its not as fun to say I´m 19. 
The best part of the week was yesterday, the baptism of Angel Olaya. He really is chosen of God, and it was crazy to see how much he really has changed in only 2 short weeks. An Alcoholic who lost everything to a man redeemed in Christ. It opened my heart a lot more for the love of these people. We also got special permission to confirm him the same day, so that rocked. 
And then last night is when the feelings get interesting. My father, companion, and one of my best friends is now back to Uruguay. We said goodbye, and that was it, I understand why they say the missionary dies because it really feels like it. But he left me a ton of stuff, so that´s nice at least. I´ll miss the kid, but I´m excited to see what comes. For the moment I´m in a trio with Mi Peru 2, and I should get my new comp tomorrow. I'll fill you in next week! 
Today I´d just like to share my thoughts about trials in our lives. There is always something hard that is going on in each and every one of our lives, things that we feel like that no one else understands. We feel lost and alone sometimes like we can't do it. But hard things are what help us to grow. We were sent to this earth to go through hard things. To learn. To show to God that we have enough faith to withstand the hard times. And as it was promised to Jose Smith, our trials will be just a short moment. And the blessings and experience that we receive from it will be so much more than we ever imagined. When the next hard thing comes, don´t curse God. Thank Him, and ask Him for help. And He´ll give it to you. I´m a witness to that. The Lord will visit Zion in their afflictions. And I share that in the name of our Lord and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, Amen. 
I love you all, and wish you all a great week!
Elder Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment