Monday, April 1, 2019



Elder Allen Week#26 It´s been a crazy week, to say the least!

I´ve studied Preach my Gospel for at least 12 hours this week, so that´s fun I guess. I have learned a lot though. If you want a solid foundation in the gospel, study the simple doctrines, the lessons in PMG. It´s all you really need to know to make it through life. So it´s been fun to do that. I also had my 3rd and last Training this week! So I´m officially graduated! Haha. I´ve got my cool MPLO pin and everything now. It was fun to catch up with Elder Litster there too. One of the lessons I learned I´ll share at the end because I realized that I forgot to share one last week, so I´ll make it up  I promise. 

I felt like Bilbo Baggins because 8 Elders barged into my room early in the morning forcing me to leave my own house and go on an Unexpected Journey on Wednesday. A bit chistoso, but it's just how the mission goes. Using your house to hold the leaders meeting without telling you. 
And the weekend is when things really got crazy. I strengthened 2 testimonies. First, the Devil is real. And second, God is real too. 

Our baptism for this week was super ready, wanted to do it, we got everything set up and ready. Buenaso. Josue Villegas, the son of my other recent converts. The family is really humble, and they don't have much work. So after planning, it just so happens that he gets a long-awaited call to go and work at the airport for the whole day Sunday. So there went that. It shows how desperate the Devil is to knock people off the path, to not let them have that happiness and peace. He´ll make it this weekend though. 

Yesterday was insane. Our prospects for investigators was not looking good, maybe one or two. And by the Mercy of God, 7 people were there. And that´s not all. After 30 years of waiting, my humble branch here in Mi Peru has finally become a ward! President Stauffer came for the sacrament meeting, and we had the chance to teach a lesson with him after. We taught the parents of Devie, who is leaving for the mission next week. He never thought his parents would get baptized, but our mission president with his inspiration and dang good teaching got them committed for this Sunday. So we potentially have 4 baptisms this week. 

In our training, Presidente Stauffer talked about the 3 most important days of our life. Day 1- The day our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ started the Atonement in the Garden of Gethsemane, saving us all from sin and death. Day 2- The day a young boy of just 14 years walked into a sacred grove, and prayed to know the truth, allowing us to have the knowledge of how we can use the 1st day. Day 3- The day we accepted our mission call to talk about the first 2 days. I am a witness of these 3 days. And the opportunity to be here sharing the first two has changed my life forever. I love the mission. 

I think I´ve already shared this quote, but as Sister Nelson said ¨The fight with sin is real¨. The devil will do all that he can to knock us off the path, to take away our peace and our happiness. He wants us to be miserable like he is. Don´t give him the joy of knocking another child of God into the darkness, fight back. Be bold. Valient. A servant of God. You´ll never regret it. Don´t let Satan win. Don´t give in to temptation. And if you do, repent. It´s simple. 

And lastly, I can finally die in peace. After 5 months of searching and waiting, I finally took the photo that I have been dying to take. See below. hehe. 
Thanks for everything! Hold to the Rod!

Elder Allen


image.png

No comments:

Post a Comment