Monday, April 1, 2019



Elder Allen Weeks #29-30 Hola todos! Long time since I´ve written to you all, so I hope that all has been going well! 
In light of the, I can call my family change, I´ll be writing a group email the first Monday of every month, so this will be the first of 17 to come (That number is really small, time is moving fast!)
The month has been really normal, not much has changed since we last talked. Elder Franco leaves for El Salvador tomorrow, and I should be getting my and I should be getting my new companion tomorrow as well. I think I´ll be here in Mi Peru for 1 more transfer, and then I´m gone. 7 months in one area is a long time, but it´s okay. This transfer with Elder Franco has been great, and we get along great and the work has been good, so the time has flown by. I´ll miss this kid too, And I hope that I won't be ¨Killing¨me next companion too haha. 
I finished my coin collection today! Also, I found out that we married someone! Last Sunday for lunch we ate with some members that we didn´t know, and get to know them, and find out that they aren't married. They met each other when they were both inactive, and the just started living together (pretty normal here). We invited them to get married that week, and told them a cheap way to do it, and didn´t see them until yesterday. We asked them how it went, and they got married! So that´s pretty cool! I half married someone in my mission haha. 
But yeah, the work is moving on. We´re teaching some great people, and some not so great people... but yeah, I´m feeling ready for a change in scenery. 

By the way, my new email is allen.trevor@missionary.org (I think) For all family members that want to call me, send me an invite on google hangouts! 

The thing I miss the most about writing every week is leaving a spiritual thought. So I´ll try to make them extra good so it lasts for a month. We had training this month in which our President talked about 3rd Nephi a little bit. Sometimes we read that book just like any other in the Book of Mormon, but really we should focus on it, study it, and ponder it a lot more. It´s words straight from our Savior Jesus Christ. And in these chapters, Christ sets the example for three things that we all need to do. The first, Baptism. Which many of you have already done, but many many others in this world have not. Baptism is the way to Christ, to take his name upon ourselves. It´s the way to be cleaned from our sins, to have a second chance. In chapter 18. Christ next sets the example for the sacrament, which is the only way that week can retain that remission of our sins. I ask you to ponder the sacrament more, to take it more seriously. To think of your Savior more. The sacrament is the only way we can return to Him because we will all sin after we are baptized without a doubt. And the last example is that of Prayer. Without prayer, wecan'tt communicate with our Father in Heaven, we cant feel his love, we can´t receive answers for the hardest questions. Pray more, it will protect you from the temptations of the devil. Pray more sincerely. You´ll feel your fathers love for you. Study third nefi, learn from our Redeemer. I leave this with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

Love to all! Have a great week! Talk to you in a month! 
Elder Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment