Monday, April 1, 2019



Elder Allen Weeks #30-31 After a series of complaints from various people *cough cough* I have decided to do my group emails a little bit more often. Nah... I've got more time every week now so its not a problem. 

A few things have changed since I last wrote, I've got a new companion! His name is Elder Flores, and he's from Guatemala! And I'm training him! So that's pretty crazy. I've got 6 months in the field, I'm still in my first area, and I'm already training, so that's pretty crazy. It's been a lot of fun though. We already have 3 weeks together, and we've been having such a good time. It's always funny to see a new missionary start their mission, they care about the little things so much. But yeah, life is good! 

I got to go to the Temple for the first time in 6 months this week, so that was awesome! Super spiritual. I love the peace that you can feel there. It is unlike anything else in the world. Go there as often as you can! 

We've been working with a lot of people lately, some of them good and some of them not so good. The Peruvians will often listen, but the problem is getting them to act. To follow through with the commitments, read the Book of Mormon or to come to church. So we've been struggling a little bit to get anyone to the point of baptism, but we should have a few soon. 
One of the promising people we are working with is named Pablo, he's dating a member. His dad is an eternal investigator who has been investigating the church for 4 years, and he has never let us talk to his family. But Pablo is great, he had a problem with alcohol, and he wants to change his life. So we'll see what happens! 

Another thing- so there literally are no doughnuts in this whole country (At least the part I'm in) and by some miracle, I found a real doughnut today, so I am the happiest man on earth haha. 

A few weeks ago I listened to the talk, "His Grace is Sufficient" by Brad Wilcox, and I learned a ton. He used the example of a child taking piano lessons to explain the grace of Jesus Christ for us. If you have 20 minutes, and you want a new perspective on life, to be happier and to know Christ a little bit more, listen to this talk. There is no testimony greater and more simple than that of I know my Savior lives. I know that Jesus Christ has Atoned for my sins so that I can change, be more happy, have more peace. Christ is our Redeemer, our King. He lives, and He will come again. I know it. And I hope that all of you can have this same testimony. 

Have a great week! With love from Lima Peru! 

Chao! 
Elder Allen

image.png

image.png

No comments:

Post a Comment