Monday, April 1, 2019




Elder Allen Week #27 Easily the best week of my mission. A week of miracles that's for sure.

We´ve been working with a lot of really really good people lately, people that are really changing and applying these principles in their lives. It´s incredible to see how the gospel can bless our lives. 

Tons of funny phrases from this week. ¨Are you guys the Jehovas witnesses? No, we are from the Chruch of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Ohhhh, you´re Witnesses of Jesus Christ¨ (sorry it doesn´t translate as funny, just learn Spanish, it´ll be easier. *Talking to a non-member* ¨Do you have a book of Mormon? No, but I have my triple¨ *Same non-member* Just baptize me for the dead, it´ll be easier¨ *Same non-member after listening to his favorite hymn, "I Need Thee Every Hour" on youtube* ¨Do you have it in Choir? Choir is better¨ Super funny this guy. 

But now for the good part. We started this week with one for sure baptism, Josue Villegas. Worked with him a little bit more, and we were good. We found a former investigator last week, Roberto Ratugie, 19 years old, got him to church last week and invited him to be baptized this week as well, by his friend who is about to leave on his mission, Devie. And the mom of Devie, who has been a ¨Catholic¨ her whole life, but in this week had a change of heart, and decided to be baptized by her son. 3 Baptisms this Sunday. And 2 more in the district. A week of miracles and mercy. 

And like I said, Devie, is leaving for his mission tomorrow. Which is a little sad, but I´m so happy for him. He´s the best fellowshipper and helper we missionaries have got, but he´s going to kill it in Mexico. I´m glad he got the opportunity to baptize his mom and his friend this week. 

I finally feel like I love the mission. I love it here. I´m happier than I ever have been, and I see the Lord´s hand in my life a whole lot more. It´s an incredible opportunity to be a missionary, to be a servant of the Lord. I wouldn´t trade it for anything. 
Alma 26: 11-12 - But Ammon said unto him: I dnot boast in my own strengtnor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joyand will rejoice in my God. Yea, I know that am nothingas to my strength am weak; therefore will not boast of myselfbut will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all thingsyea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.
I really have seen the hand of God in my life this week. And I promise you it is not a coincidence that the happiest time in my life is the time I have been the most focused on others and on God. I do not boast of my own strength, nor in my own wisdom, but of my God. 
Have a great week! Elder Allen
image.png

image.png

No comments:

Post a Comment